SSC CGL 2020-21 Notification, Application Form, Cut Off
SSC CGL 2020-21 Notification to be Out on 29 th December
SSC CGL 2020: The Staff Selection Commission conducts the Combined Graduate Level Exam, which is known as the SSC CGL. SSC CGL 2020-21 is that hotspot where candidates with good intellect and potential applications in large numbers. As a job in SSC CGL offers a lucrative pay scale, job security with decent career growth prospects it is one of the most sought-after graduate exams. Through SSC CGL the selected candidate is placed in the non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non gazetted posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India.
SSC CGL 2020: Important Dates
The exam dates for SSC CGL 2020-21 has been released by SSC along with its official notification. Check SSC CGL 2020 exam date & other important dates below:
|SSC CGL Exam 2020-21|
|SSC CGL Notification Date||29th December 2020|
|Online Form submission Start||29th December 2020|
|Last Date to Submit Application||31th January 2021|
|Last Date to Submit Online Fee||31th January 2021|
|Last Date to Submit Offline Fee||31th January 2021|
|SSC CGL 2020 Exam Date: Tier 1||29th May to 07th June 2021|
|SSC CGL Tier-1 Answer Key Date||June 2021|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Result Date||July/August 2021|
|SSC CGL 2020 Exam Date: Tier 2||To be Notified Later|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Answer Key Date||To Be Notified Later|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Result Date||To Be Notified Later|
|SSC CGL 2020 Exam Date: Tier 3||To be Notified Later|
|SSC CGL Tier 3 Result Date||To be Notified Later|
|SSC CGL 2020 Exam Date: Tier 4||To be Notified Later|
|SSC CGL Final Result Date||To be Notified Later|
SSC CGL VACANCIES TRENDS – Click Here
SSC CGL 2020 Notification
The official notification of SSC CGL 2020-21 was supposed to release on 15th September 2020, which is now going to out on 21st December 2020. The Online Application is going to open for one month from the date of the start date of the online application. The notification for SSC CGL 2020-21 may come any-time on the official website.
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2020 (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level 2020)|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer- Based Test)|
|Posts offered||Group B and C officers under central Government|
SSC CGL 2020 Highlight
The official SSC CGL Notification for 2020-21 will release by the commission on 21st December 2020. Check all the important information of SSC CGL 2020-21 in the table below.
|Exam Name||SSC CGL|
|SSC CGL Full Form||Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|SSC CGL Exam Dates||
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
The age limit for the SSC CGL 2020-21 as per the post is given below.
|CSS||20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Intelligence Bureau||Not exceeding 30 Years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Directorate of Enforcement,
Department of Revenue
|Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer|
|M/o of Statistics & Prog.
|Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Officer|
|NIA||Up to 30 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBI||20-30 years||Sub Inspector|
|Narcotics||18-25 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBEC||20-27 years||Tax Assistant|
|Department of Post||18-30 years||Inspector|
|Other departments||18-27 years||All other posts|
SSC CGL 2020 Age Relaxation: As per government guidelines age relaxation in SSC CGL is given in the table below:
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
Application Fee For SSC CGL 2020
SSC CGL 2020 Application Fee: The Application Fee in SSC CGL Notification as per the categories is given below:
Prerequisites for SSC CGL 2020 Online Application Form
Important things which you should keep with you while filling the Application Form:
- Scanned copy of your Signature ( 1kb < Size < 12 kb ) in JPG format.
- Scanned copy of your Photo ( 4 kb < Size < 20kb ) in JPG format.
- You should have a valid E-Mail I.D with you which can be used for registration purposes.
- You should have valid Identity Proof with you.
SSC CGL 2020: Online Form
Eligible and interested candidates may apply online for SSC CGL Recruitment 2020. The link for the online registration is going to act on 21st December 2020:
Instructions to fill SSC CGL Application Form 2020
- Click on the link mentioned above and you will be redirected to the SSC official site directly.
- A page will be opened where you will get the registration and login form.
- If you are already registered for SSC Exams, then fill in the login details to apply for SSC CGL. But if you are not registered, then first you need to fill the registration form.
- After login, go to “Apply Now” and fill in all the required details i.e Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Education Qualification, Address, educational qualifications, and all the degrees you hold, etc.
- After that Fill in your communication address and Upload your Photo and signature.
- Before submitting the form, preview your details.
- Once you submit the form, the next step is to pay your fee. The application fee is acceptable in online and offline modes.
- Pay your fee through Debit/Credit card/Net Banking/E-Challan if applicable.
- Click on submit and Your form will be submitted successfully.
- Your Online SSC CGL 2020 application process is completed and you can take a print out of the application form for further use
SSC CGL 2020 Vacancy Details
The Vacancy for SSC CGL 2019-20 exam has been released. For 2019-20, there are a total of 8582 Vacancies out of which 3674 vacancies are for the General category of candidates. There has been a decrease in the no. of vacancies as compared to SSC CGL 2018-19. Check the SSC CGL Vacancy Comparision Year wise to get an idea of the trend in the vacancy. The SSC CGL 2020-21 vacancies will be available after the SSC CGL 2020 Notification.
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2019-20||UR- 3674||SC- 1242||ST-667||OBC-2198||Total–8582|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2018-19||UR- 5770||SC- 1723||ST-845||OBC-2933||Total–11271|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2017||UR- 4238||SC- 1318||ST-653||OBC-1916||Total–9276|
SSC CGL 2020 Selection Process
The SSC CGL Exam is conducted in four stages: || Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, and Tier 4. ||
- Tier-I: Computer Based Examination
- Tier-II: Computer Based Examination
- Tier-III: Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
The candidates who secure the SSC CGL Cut-off in Tier I will be able to appear for the Tier II Exam.
- Separate cut-offs will be fixed for Paper-III of Tier-II (i.e. for the post of JSO and Statistical Investigator Grade-II), Paper-IV of Tier-II (i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer and Assistant Accounts Officer), and for Paper-I + Paper-II of Tier-II (i.e. for all other posts).
- Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations will be conducted for all the candidates qualified in Tier-I.
- In Tier-II, all the candidates will be required to appear in Paper-I and Paper-II. However, only specific candidates shortlisted for the posts of JSO/ Statistical Investigator and Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer will be required to appear in Paper-III and Paper-IV respectively.
SSC CGL 2020 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Exam Pattern is explained in the tables below. SSC CGL 2020 comprises four Tiers. Tier-I is mainly screening and scoring exams. Tier-II is the merit deciding Tier.
|Tier||Type of Examination||Mode of examination|
|Tier-I||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Tier-II||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Tier-III||Descriptive Paper in Hindi/ English||Pen and Paper Mode|
|Tier-IV||Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test||Wherever Applicable|
The SSC CGL Tier I and Tier II + Tier III are scheduled to be held from 03rd to 09th March 2020 and 22nd to 25th June 2020 respectively. The elaborated Exam Pattern of Tier I and Tier II of SSC CGL Recruitment 2020 are given in the table below. It is important for candidates to know every bit of exam pattern to prepare well for every section of the examination.
|I||General Intelligence and
|25||50||60 Minutes (Total)|
|II||Paper-I: Quantitative Abilities||100||200||120 Minutes
(for each Paper)
|Paper-II: English Language and
|Paper-IV: General Studies
(Finance and Economics)
After qualifying Tier-I of SSC CGL Examination. Candidates have to appear for Tier-II & Tier-III after these qualified candidates will appear for Tier-IV. SSC CGL Tier-II & Tier III is scheduled to be held from 22nd and 25th June 2020. The Exam Pattern of SSC CGL Tier-III and Tier IV are explained in the table below.
|Tier||Mode of Examination||Scheme of Examination||Maximum Marks||Time Allowed|
|III||Pen and Paper Mode||Descriptive Paper in
English or Hindi
(Writing of Essay/ Precis/
Letter/ Application etc.)
|Proficiency in Word Processing,
Generation of Slides and
|No Marks||Not mentioned|
Students must note down that Tier III is scoring and qualifying in nature while Tier IV is only qualifying in nature. You have to do well in all the Tiers of the SSC CGL Examination. Candidates can check the detailed exam pattern and Syllabus on our website by clicking on the link provided below.